Saturday, October 27, 2007

Disney


Well, I am sitting in our hotel room watching Treyce play with the new cars he won in Olde Town. It is raining out, so we are hanging out here until the rain stops.
Our trip started yesterday and I got up early since I am a worry wart. :( I can't help it.... wish I could. We got to the airport and when we went through the security I could tell Treyce was getting upset with all of the commotion of taking shoes off, going through the metal detector..setting it off...removing the belt. You get the idea. It could have been worse and it has been in the past. He didn't cry for too long, so I was glad.
When we went to get on the plane, it was something new for both Treyce and myself. We boarded the plane outside! It was kind of neat. Guess this is how Skybus does things.
Treyce didn't care for the takeoff at all!! He didn't wig out, but he was close. He said we should have driven! Oh well... too late to change our minds. The flight was good and pretty uneventful until a girl screamed as we decended. Guess she thought we were landing in the Ocean!! The baggage claim was a joke. It made me laugh (in a good way) because they just pulled the luggage cart to the sidewalk and left! Guess it is self serve? It was nice actually. It wasn't like you could get lost. :)
It took us over two hours to get to the hotel and I realized that Ohio drivers aren't so bad after all. I would never live here because of how rude people are down here. UCKY!
Now to the best part..... arriving at our hotel. Mind you, I completely obsessed myself over trying to find the perfect hotel. I have to say... it paid off. Hearing my son's reaction reinforced that I made the right choice. He said, "this is the biggest hotel I have every stayed in". It is very nice. We stayed at the Comfort Suites Maingate East and we are just across the street form Olde Town. It just so happens that every Friday and Saturday night is their Cruise-in night. After Treyce and I checked in (the original plan was to just relax since it was late) we decided to walk to Olde Town and loved it! We were both very excited that this place was just outside our door. They have rides, shops, an arcade and my fav'..... A&W Rootbeer diner. They also have a ride that the car goes from 0-100mph in 1.8 seconds. Of course Treyce wanted to ride it... until he saw someone else do it. I think it scared him. lol
Today we ended up going back to Olde Town (not Disney) and rode some go karts. Treyce has been bugging me since last night about it. It has just started to rain and I have to admit that I was scared of letting Treyce drive by himself, but I did. These aren't little go karts on a rail or anything. He was definitely the youngest driver out there, but he did pretty well. I came around the corner and noticed his glasses on the track... smooshed of course. Treyce told me he took his glasses off when it started to rain since he couldn't see (we were going fast). Well, I guess he put them on his seat and they must have fallen. It was an accident and of course I felt really bad for Trey. I don't know what it is like to depend on glasses and what it is like without them.
So far the trip is going well and I am grateful to have this time with Treyce. I just wish Ryan could have joined us later in the week. He is visiting with his mom and sister which I am glad they are getting alone time and not have to worry about us. I just know it would have been even better to do this as a family.
One funny thing Treyce said was the he would rather go to Olde Town than Disney. It sure is fun there!!
------>> Well, we just got back from swimming and had a wonderful time. The water took some getting used to, but was not too bad. I tried to relax in the hot tub but couldn't see Treyce very well so I got out. It was really fun in the pool and it was also cool to be able to watch the roller coaster at Olde Town while swimming. We both started to freeze so we decided to head back to our room. I forgot that it could be 80 and still cold in Florida. I immediately went and took a hot soak.
My stomach hasn't been feeling too great since we got here and the bone chilling rain hasn't helped much either. I had hoped that Ryan would have called by now. It is almost 10pm and still no word from him. I barely got to talk to him last night (2 minutes) and he said he would call either last night or today. :( I know he is with his family, but it would be nice to hear his voice and to tell him about our day.

No comments: