Sunday, October 28, 2007

HALLOWEEN PARTY!!!


Wow... what a day! Today is the day we are to go to the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. We started off the day with some swimming to kill some time. I was laying out when I got this awful feeling that I lost one of our tickets! (you know the "one of a kind... had to buy that in May.. sold out kind"). We came upstairs and sure enough my ticket was nowhere to be found! Needless to say I was hysterical!! I called Ryan for some comfort but as usual ... he didn't answer his phone (still haven't heard from him either). I sometimes wonder why he even has that thing. lol Well, I called Disney crying and luckily since I had one ticket, they might be able to locate the other. I hurried up and got dressed and ready to drive to Disney (since a swimsuit wouldn't be appropriate) when I found my ticket on the front seat of the car!! I was so relieved! I said a million thank yous!!
Since we were already dressed, we decided to drive to Downtown Disney to kill some more time before the party. Treyce wanted to go to Lego land of course (what kid doesn't). He had a lot of fun building and it was a good place to hang out during the rain (yes... more rain). I sure prayed the rain would stop for the party..
SUCCESS!!!!! We had a super great time at the Halloween party! I highly recommend it to anyone. There were more people than I anticipated, but it added to the fun. There were so many crazy costumes! The best part was that there were a lot of rides that we only had to wait less than 5 minutes! Treyce wanted to do Haunted Mansion first and I am glad we did because I think it ended up being the most popular ride there. During our wait in line for the Peter Pan ride, there was a family that a Disney worker "allowed' to cut in front of us. At first I was confused but then the lady started staring at Treyce (who was doing his "excited" hand gesture) and asked what was wrong with him (in a concerned way). I explained that he was autistic, but I knew she already knew that by the look on her face. She proceeded to tell me that hers was too. They told me to get a handicap pass so that way they didn't have to wait in line (her son didn't understand lines I guess). I have to admit that as tempting as it was we decided against it since Treyce was ok with lines (well... for a kid). Also the lines weren't bad, so we ended up going on quite a few rides while getting 2 bags full of loot! One of the funny moments was riding Thunder Mountain and after the ride Treyce said that it was so much fun that he NEVER wanted to ride it again! ROFL!!

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Sounds like tons of fun! Glad you found your ticket too!